Sunday, January 6, 2013

Icicles...

I've been longing for a better camera for a while now. I finally got brave, sold the one I had, winced, and bought a Canon 50D. It was one of the riskiest things I've ever done with my money!

 I bought it off Ebay with only 20 seconds remaining! So glad I did though!
 I asked the guy I bought it from why he was selling, and why so cheap. He told me that he bought a large pallet of professional series store return cameras, and was afraid he wouldn't be able to sell it soon. Hence the low price. I received the camera, but didn't have a memory card, so I had to wait an agonizing week before the one I ordered got here.
 When I finally was able to use the camera, I noticed the shutter button wasn't working all that well. I would focus by holding the shutter button halfway, and then press it all the way down when I was ready to snap the shot. But it would pause... then take the picture. That was really weird, and I kicked myself, thinking, "Duh! This is probably the reason it was so cheap!" It kept getting worse and worse too! It got to the point to where I'd press the button all the way, and it would do nothing!
 I wasn't about to spend hundreds of dollars getting it fixed. I went online and for about 2 days just looked up the problem and possible ways to fix it. I guess it's a common problem with Canon 40, 50, & 60D's. So finally I looked on.... wait for it... this is good... You-Tube... (I love that place) ...and there were 3 or 4 videos on how to fix the problem. 2 of them showed you how to take your whole camera apart. Scary! But I would've had Dad do it. But he was pretty busy and I didn't want to wait. And the other 2 videos showed people pouring a little bit of 99% isopropyl alcohol into the emptied battery compartment. It goes right through the shutter button and pretty much dissolve all the junk inside of there. And with it being such a high percentage of alcohol, it evaporates quickly, and doesn't ruin your camera! I decided to try it, even though pouring liquid into the camera scared me half to death! And.. drum roll.... it worked! I prayed so hard that night! Thank you God! I'm so relieved! Now I have a practically brand new camera with no scratches, and it's amazing! I... just have to figure out how to use it! Lol. It's just a tad bit more complicated than my last one! Here's the link for the video I watched.

http://youtu.be/7VQ6oKFxSzA
And the other one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCca7Tjqmdc
 

2 comments:

  1. In the words of my lil sis, "AWESOME"!!!! Really enjoying those great pics. Can't wait to see more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GREAT to know! I have delt with a simular problem with my camera.

    LOVE the pics!

    ReplyDelete