Monday, January 7, 2013

Banana Muffins...

My amazing sister, (aka my best friend) used to make this recipe all the time before she got married. And before she took her cookbook, I copied all her recipes! Haha! Thanks Britt!

This is an awesome recipe! Perfect solution to your browning, spotty bananas. They are waaaaay better the second day, and if you keep them in a air tight container, they stay so moist! I just made them the other day and they were gone the next morning! The whole family loves them. They're also great with butter.

If you have a Kitchen Aid, it only takes about 10 minutes to prepare the batter! Nice, huh!



- Awesome Banana Muffins -

Freeze Well - Makes About 16 Muffins - Prep. Time: 10-20 minutes - Cook Time 20 minutes

Ingredients:
3 or 4 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sugar
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix bananas, sugar, egg, and butter together. In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and powder, salt, and flour. Add to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips and don't over mix. Grease muffin pans and fill about 1/2 way full with batter. Bake for approx. 20 minutes give or take for your oven. Done when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'll expect some in the mail right?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I expect the title to be changed to "Brittany's Awesome Banana Muffins", pronto (that means quickly in Spanish... I think);)

    JK... glad you like them and I have some spotty bananas that must be made into something soon! I just might make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Yea... sorry 'bout that Britt.

    ReplyDelete