Thursday, March 28, 2013

More Juice!


This is a new one that just came out! Looks good.
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/tropical-green-lemonade/

On Tuesday night, Gramma called and invited us over for supper. It was the hardest thing ever! Definitely the most self control I've had to exert for a while! She made homemade sweet and sour meatballs. And man, those things are good! And of course, she made us take the leftovers home, and then they had them for supper yesterday! Aww! 

This is the one I drank instead of meatballs. And... Yuck. I put way too much cucumber in! It was hard going down!

This morning I made one with a ton of strawberries, 1 carrot, 1 red apple, 2 handfuls of kale, and something else I can't remember. It was pretty good. Oh! It was a half of a pear.

Wanna see all the fruits and vegetables I got? $61.22 dollars worth!
This is actually minus 4 cucumbers and 2 big bags of kale. It's not quite equal part of fruits and veggies, but... I like fruit better!
Why?
Duh!
It's sweeter!




So I've been doing good. Nothing but fruits and vegetables. I haven't snuck anything! Yesterday Mom made this stir-fry, but I actually was able to sit at the table and eat with them. Only I had a huge plate of vegetables which were actually really good, and a bowl of honeydew melon. Amazing stuff right there... (Sorry Britt... I know how much you... *Love* it! lol.)

Yep. I'm finally over the caffeine headache. That wasn't fun. I LOVE Starbucks coffee with hazelnut creamer! Awww! Withdrawal!

3 comments:

  1. That would be so fun to make juice like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a suggestion... Have you ever tried green smoothies? Or carrot juice? Most people freak out thinking about carrot juice, but it's amazers, and carrots bought in bulk usually cost $1 per pound and it goes a long way; it tastes so good and its very energizing/filling! A great green smoothie is about a cup of carrot juice with kale and some strawberries. Also, because kale isn't always good to have raw all the time, you can use spinach :) anyway... Just some suggestions... Good luck Jenny!! :) dieting is so hard, I know how you feel!! And as long as you have the right motives (being healthier vs. getting skinny) you'll stay with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlyn... that sounds really good! I'll have to try that one. Thanks!
    I have tried carrot juice, and it's not bad. Mom used to make it for us all the time when we were kids.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete